- All weather
The municipality of Lohnsburg a.K. was awarded the Kuchler coat of arms by decision of the Upper Austrian provincial government on 13 October 1969. The leaping stag was part of the coat of arms of the Hochkuchler family, who, as former judges of Kuchl near Hallein, were ordered by the Archbishopric of Salzburg to build and occupy a fortress on the 722 metre-high Hochkuchlberg to protect against possible invasions from the east. This castle was probably built around 900 AD. From 1450 onwards, the castle began to fall into disrepair.
The municipality of Lohnsburg am Kobernaußerwald was elevated to the status of a market town in 1988 when the official buildings were opened.