- All weather
The village was first mentioned in 898 as "cum foresto ad honhart".
From the foundation of the Duchy of Bavaria, the village was Bavarian until 1779 and became part of Austria with the Innviertel after the Peace of Teschen.
During the Napoleonic Wars it was briefly Bavarian again, but finally became part of Upper Austria in 1814. In 1934, the name of the municipality was changed from Henhart to Höhnhart.