- All weather
- Suitable for groups
The Capuchin Order has existed in Ried since 1641. The monastery and church were consecrated in 1644. A turbulent period followed when the monastery was dissolved by Joseph II, which almost led to the church being blow up during the French Wars. The building was used as a munitions Depot and then as a Military Hospital. The Capuchins returned in 1862.
The abolition of the monastery by Joseph II marked the beginning of an eventful fate that almost led to the church being blown up during the French Wars. The building was used as an ammunition store, then as a military hospital and finally sold to a brewer. The Capuchins returned in 1862. The church was remodelled in 1906 and most recently in 1971/1972. The last Capuchin monastery in Upper Austria was closed in Ried im Innkreis in 2010. 366 years after it was founded, the order no longer saw any possibility of continuing the monastery due to a lack of young people. Only one Capuchin priest remained in Ried im Innkreis, who has since provided pastoral care for the Redemptorist convent of St Anna and, together with dedicated volunteers from the "Capuchin Convent Association", has looked after the convent building on the Kapuzinerberg.